It’s not that scary if you are prepared!
Ransomware is another attack (invaders targeting & taking over your environment).
You can avoid being a victim.
Ransomware is preventable.
Validate your protection.
Segregate and control the traffic internally and externally.
Continually review and improve.
Phishing is up 350% since January 2020 according to Googler
Over 300,000 new suspicious COVID-19 Website appeared in March 2020.
It’s not about how big you are – Everyone is a target!
What do Attackers need to be successful?
- Full Name
- Current Address
- Full Birthday
- Email Addresses
- Phone Numbers
What do I do about it?
- Make each Password a unique PASSPHRASE with a character inserted.
- Be politely paranoid, use two methods of identification
- Request that your service providers use 2 methods of communication for phone authentication
- Remove companies and services you use from social media so hackers don’t know who to call
- Avoid Credential Harvesting
- Navigate to known websites outside of email
- Avoid reuse of passwords
- Use technical tools to back up your security: email Blocklists, password manager,
Multi factor I D
What are the most common attacks used?
- Microsoft / Apple Support Scams
- CRA / IRS Scams
- Bank / Credit Card Impersonators
- Gift Card Scams
- Business – Co-worker Impersonation
- Lazy attackers “follow the fear”
- Free COVID -19 Tests
- CDC guidelines changes
- Sick family money requests